Jesus.... Through the eyes of a four year old

Friday, July 25, 2008
The night before last while I was tucking Maya into bed and saying our nightly prayers she decided to ask me a question. Here is the dialogue starting with her question:

"Daddy, can I ask you a question? When we fly way up high in an airplane can Jesus see us? Daddy cause that is where heaven is."
"Of course He can, Jesus can see everything. He is everywhere."
With a perplexed look in her eye Maya simply stared at me. I knew I had to do something... and fast. I said. "Maya do you know where else Jesus is?"
"No daddy, where is He?"
"Jesus is in your heart. If you love Jesus, He is with you always in your heart."
"I love Jesus, does that mean He is in my heart? Daddy, I know you love Jesus too... that means He is in your heart." Suddenly she stopped and smiled. Realizing what she was about to say she chuckled and corrected herself. With a huge smile she said. "Daddy, Finley is too young to love Jesus, huh? She doesn't know any better. "
"Your right she doesn't, but Jesus loves her just like He loves me and you. You know what that means?"
"What?" She asked.
"You need to help me tell her all about Jesus, can you do that?" I asked.
"Of course I can daddy. I can tell her that He is strong (they are weak, but He is strong, yes Jesus loves me...) and that He died on the cross for her."
"That's right! Do you know why He died on the cross for Finley?"
"Because He loves her." Maya replied matter of factly. Before I could say anymore she looked me square in the eyes and said. "Daddy, I love you."
It's as if she knew our conversation reached an end point. You see, she knows that Jesus died on the cross for her because He loves her. It is because of that love that she can tell her sister and others in her life about Jesus. She knows and understands 1 John 4:19 that states. "We love because He first loved us." Do you?

1 comments:

DK said...

That's awesome!

Does Jesus love Aurora too? ;)

Post a Comment