Call Me Mr. Mom (Day 1)

Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Well, it's 7 in the morning and I am dressed, showered, and sipping on a fresh cup of coffee just waiting for some noise to come from beyond the closed bedroom doors. By all calculations it should be at least another hour before my girls wake up, but only time will tell. I am looking forward to this time with them. It's totally bittersweet. On one hand, I morn with my wife that she has to go back to work (albeit, only for a few weeks) and on the other I am excited to be a full time daddy of two girls (albeit, only for a few weeks). This is why I choose my pink polo shirt to wear today; I need to represent as a daddy of two adorable girls!

I don't expect much difficulty with Maya and Finley, they are easy girls. Maya is getting to the point where she is self sufficient and Finley is so pleasantly mannered that a day with them is very enjoyable, filled with laughter and fun. To be honest with you, I am mainly worried about two things today - being on time and Finley pooping. It is always a task to get kids out the door and to your desired destination on time. Luckily for me we only have two appointments today, one that we need to go to (swimming lessons) and one that is coming to us (our Realtor). As far as the second, well let's just say that it has been days since Finley pooped. The last time she did this (went days without pooping) I walked into the room while Heather was changing her, took one look (and smell) and was forever grateful Heather was right there so I could promptly turn around and walk out (hey, don't laugh I am just being honest). This time it's all me!

I will let you know how it goes.

(UPDATED @ 10:09)

Well, it's 10:00 and all the lights are off except for a few night lights in the house and the glow from my mac. My girls are all soundly sleeping, including my beautiful hard working wife. In case you are wondering, I made it to swim lessons on time and handled an excessive amount of greeny-brown gooey poop with out gagging. I do believe the house is just as clean as it was this morning when I woke up, however I will have to verify that in in the morning when the lights are on - I think the darkness may be playing tricks on me. Till then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment