Call Me Mr. Mom (Day 15)

Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Well, I think this day will be one of the days that I remember most while holding the official title, "Mr. Mom." Let me tell you why:
  1. My day started with Finley crying uncontrollably (this is completely out of her character). It lasted on and off (mostly on) all day. It feels like she is teething so we may be in for a few more days of this.
  2. Amidst Finley's crying I heard Maya yelling at Lucas, our three your old neighbor. It turns out they were fighting over who's father was the strongest (me of course). Maya was visibly and audibly upset with Lucas. He just didn't want to face the fact that I could beat up his dad. Maya ran to me three times in utter frustration telling me that Lucas is making her mad because he just doesn't understand that I am stronger.
  3. I watched Pete's Dragon with Maya today. Don't you just love that movie. It's fantastic. We couldn't sing the songs at the top of our lungs like we usually do because Finley was sleeping. It is good thing that she eventually woke up so Maya and I could sing. While we were watching the movie I had Finley on the floor. We played together and I watched her roll over from back to stomach and then stomach to back. It's official she can do a complete roll over. She can also "lunge". Finley brings her knees up while on her stomach and falls forward, each time moving closer to her desired destination like a toy or pacifier. She has gotten really good at it because she can now do at least four or five "lunges" in a row.
  4. After dinner I promised Maya that I would take her to the "brown" park. (We differentiate our parks by their colors.) I told her to ask her mother if she wanted to go. In front of Heather she replied. "No mommy, you can't go. I am going with daddy all by myself. We need to be alone." Needless to say, Heather let it be and sent us on our way. On our way to the park Maya said. "Daddy, thanks for getting me out of the house. I really needed to get away." Isn't that adorable?

Have a razle dazzle day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment