One is closing while another is opening....

Friday, December 14, 2007
Well, a chapter has closed. Heather, Maya, Finley and I have completed the latest chapter of our lives now that I have completed Seminary. Wednesday December 12, 2007 I gave my last presentation in class and walked out of the Seminary building as a student into the fresh air as an alumni of Multnomah Biblical Seminary.

Two and half years ago, Heather and I moved here to Portland not knowing what was to come. What we encountered was two and half years of ups and down, during which we grew more then we could have ever imagined. With that in mind, I will try to articulate and share with you some of the many lessons that have I (and we) have learned. Consider this an introduction to a series entitled, “What I Learned in Seminary”. What will follow over the next few weeks are brief summaries of the many lessons that were learned. It must be noted, the lessons learned were not necessarily new. Some of what was learned was built upon an already existent foundation while the others have established new foundations for me to build upon in the future. Here is what to expect:

Lesson #1: Above all else
Lesson #2: The church as the body and family
Lesson #3: People or programs
Lesson #4: To consume or to be consumed
Lesson #5: For mine or yours
Lesson #6: Peter Pan & leadership
Lesson #7: Rainbow vs. pot of gold

1 comments:

DK said...

I'm so excited to read this series! And now, does you finishing seminary mean you will have more time to blog!?


I'm looking forward to see what God unfolds in your life now. It was really cool hearing last week some of the potential doors opening!

Post a Comment