I know, I am in trouble...

Sunday, February 22, 2009
Let's be clear - I know! I know what you are going to say once I share the following conversation that I had with Maya, my four year old daughter who just might be going on twenty four. Just this past week the following conversation took place between Maya and I while Heather, Maya, and I were relaxing in the evening watching America's Funniest Home Video's (a family favorite).

To begin with, Maya and I were on the floor laying down next to each other. She was using a pillow for her head and I was using my left arm. When, all of a sudden, Maya propped up and galloped over to Heather to sit on her lap. Upon seeing this, I said.

"Maya, can I borrow your pillow?" (By the way, it's not her pillow. It is a "couch" pillow. I was just being nice.)
"No."
Before Heather or I could respond Maya looked Heather in the eyes and said.
"Mommy, I think I need a pillow while I am on your lap. My head hurts."
"What? You don't need a pillow"
"O.K. mommy." Maya says as she climbs out of Heather's lap and back onto the floor next to me so that she can put her head back on her pillow just to keep me from using one. (Do you sense any resentment yet?)
I couldn't see Heather's facial expression for two reasons. First of all, my back was turned away from her. Secondly, if I did look back all I would have seen is a green pillow flying towards my face. I know this because a green pillow eventually landed on my face. My wife so loving tossed me a pillow so my I no longer needed my arm. Upon seeing all of this Maya responds by saying.
"Mommy, I think I need another pillow cause me feet are getting tired and I need to put them up."
"What? Your fine you don't need another one."
This time Heather and I turn to each other to catch a glimpse of our facial expressions. However, the glimpse only lasted for so long because Maya ended up pulling the pillow out from underneath my head so that she cold place it under her feet.

So, there I was without a pillow under my head lying next to my daughter who was glowing because she one upped her father while listening to my wife chuckle as she shook her head in amazement pondering over the fact that it is only going to get worse.

2 comments:

DK said...

Haha! That's the price of living with a princess!

Courtney said...

Oh, that is FUNNY! Watch out, because little sisters mimic the big ones....

Post a Comment