Jesus on the cross....

Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Maya just handed me a piece of paper and said, "look daddy it's Jesus on the cross." Take a look at the picture and see that Jesus is in plain view, He is easy to identify. Beneath the face you can track the vertical and horizontal lines that represent the cross. You will notice the big dot at the top of the drawing. I was not quite sure what it was so I asked. Maya looked at me puzzled with a look that said, "dad, you should know what that is..." Without hesitation she informed me that it was the nail that nailed Jesus to the cross.

Times like this I love being a daddy. I love communicating Christ's love to my daughters so that they may experience and embrace the same love. I love observing Maya as she loves and cares for those around her, ask her why she does it and she will be quick to tell you that she loves because He first loved us. I love listening to Maya as we read through a Bible story and talk about. Her young mind is constantly working as she asks me to explain ever detail of the story I am reading or telling her. Prayer times at night are especially fruitful as we pray together about her friends and family.

All this to say is that I can't wait for Finley to grow up so that she and I can have the same type of conversations. I am just as eager to observe her understanding of who Jesus is in her life. I am also eager (I may resent the following statement) for both my girls to grow and mature as adolescents and teens so that we may have even more conversations centered on Jesus and the love that He has for them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment