Choose Life

Friday, October 12, 2007
One of my favorite songs by Big Tent Revival called “Choose Life” has a chorus with the following lines:
Choose life, that you might live the life that He gives, He gives you forever.
Choose life, the way that it's true from the one who chose you your father in
Heaven. Choose life.

Like any good song the lyrics are based from Scripture, a source that BTR had continually drawn from. The passage which speaks on this very subject of life is Deuteronomy 30:19,20 it reads:
This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before
you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your
children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice,
and hold fast to him...

Choose life. Life as we know it is not easy. It is filled with ups and downs filled with circumstances, which cause feelings of doubt, hopelessness, and uncertainty. Who would want to choose that? I do. I choose life that I might live, love my God, listen to his voice, and lean (hold fast) to him. Last September I stood over my Father’s deathbed facing uncertainty, sadness, depression, and inevitable the death of my Father. It was there that I made the conscious decision to choose life. Not knowing what lay ahead, I choose to live life. There were numerous times where I longed for comfort and felt the embrace of my heavenly Father’s arms around me. Amongst the disruption and commotion that death brings into ones life, I felt peace, a peace, which passes all understanding.

If Christ lives in you as He lives in me you to have the same promise. Embrace the life that He has set before you and live it. Choose life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment