An Explination

Friday, September 21, 2007
When I created this blog I had no idea what to title it. After days of thought and talking Heather turned to the books on our shelves for added insight. On a shelf sits a hymnal from San Francisco Theological Seminary dating back to 1931. It was given to Heather when her grandfather passed away. I guessed they thought we would put it to good use because we were on our way to Seminary. One page thirty is a song entitled, "Altar of my Heart." Read the words:


1 - Now from the altar of my heart let incense flames arise. Assist me, Lord, to offer up mine evening sacrifice. Amen.

2 - Awake, my love! Awake, my joy! Awake, my heart and tongue. Sleep not; when mercies loudly call, break for into a song

3 - This day God was my sun and shield, my keeper and my guide; his care was on my frailty shown, his mercies multiplied.

4 - Minutes and mercies multiplied have made up all this day; minutes came quick, but mercies were more fleet and free then they.

5 - New time, new favor, and new joys do a song require; till I shall praise thee as I would, accept my heart's desire.

6 - Lord of my time, who hand hath set new time upon my score, then shall I praise for all my time, when time shall be no more.


This hymn resonates with me in so many different ways right now. My hands would get tired and your eyes would become strained if I rambled on. But don't worry I will expound on this at a later date and time. In the mean time, what do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment