Wednesday, July 18, 2007
I have a confession to make...


I am going to make my first confession on my blog, are you ready? My car radio is tuned into the AM band and talk radio. That’s right I am tuning (I mean turning) into parents who never ventured away from the AM when I was growing up. I tell you this because this past week I was enjoying ESPN radio (since I don’t watch it on TV anymore I must listen to it) and was reminded once again about the present day pursuit to cure cancer. This past week was JIMMY V week in which ESPN seeks to raise money to fund the V Foundation so that they in turn may fund the fight to find a cure for cancer. The motto for the V Foundation is "don't give up - don't ever give up!" Jim Valvano was a college basketball coach until he passed away in 1993 after loosing the fight against cancer. Six weeks before he passed away he received the Arthur Ashe Courage and Humanitarian Award at the inaugural ESPY awards. He gave speech in which he listed three things that we must do each day to truly live our lives. Everyday we must laugh, think, and be moved to tears. Not a bad suggestion huh? He talked about pursuing dreams and moving from where you are now to where you want to be. I encourage you to watch the clip but more importantly I encourage you take his advice to heart and laugh, think, and be moved to tears on a daily basis.



0 comments:

Post a Comment